This course is also 2 year basic course in pharmacy, as assistant to work in a pharmacy to help in selling medicines, helping in making inventory, check‐out the expiry medicines and all the work as helper in medical shop, clinic, hospital, nursing home etc. The syllabus and curriculum prescribed by Pharmacy Council of India is followed for Pharmacy Assistant Programme. This shorter version of programme in pharmacy is specifically designed to create professionals who can prepare, analyze and dispense various pharmaceutical dosage forms. They also receive in-plant training in government hospitals through which the communication skill with the patients and the confidence towards the profession are improved significantly. Students completing the program qualify as Government Pharmacist, Hospital Pharmacist, Dispensing Pharmacist, Medical transcriptionist, Technical supervisor, Production executive etc. They can also start their own entrepreneurial business catering to Pharmaceutical distribution and retail.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Students will demonstrate basic knowledge in pharmacy complemented by the appropriate clinical skills and attributes.
- Students will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of pharmacy with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- Students will understand and admire the role of pharmacist in the development of healthy society.
- Students will engage in life-long learning and professional development through continuing education by graduate /postgraduate programs and doctoral level studies.
- Students will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in a team.
- Students will be cognizant and responsive to the health care needs of the community and possess a commitment to continuously improve knowledge and abilities.
- Students will be skillful in current techniques and technologies, skillful in problem solving, and will possess professional, ethical and compassionate behavior and standards.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and clinical skills in basic pharmaceutical sciences to facilitate their overall professional development.
- Manage effectively various resources for successful completion of pharma projects/assignments within the stipulated time.
- Identify and solve problem related to pharmacy practice for the patient compliance.
- Act efficiently as a leader in the practice of pharmacy profession with multidisciplinary healthcare teams.
- Understand and appreciate the role of pharmacist in developing healthy society.
- Undertake Public Health care projects and camps for educating society about safe and optimal use of pharmaceuticals.
- Recognize environmental and societal factors that require intervention of pharmacist to provide healthcare solutions.
- Understand code of ethics of pharmacy in professional and social contexts that govern decision making and respect for the dignity of the patient.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with effective exchange of professional information.
- Create, select and apply current tools and techniques of pharmacy field tools necessary for solving pharmaceutical problems.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
Distinct academic programme curriculum; qualified & experienced faculty members both from academia and industry; inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories; summer research training program for students; industrial/clinical exposure in healthcare organization of repute and in- house Pharmacy Practice School.
Human Anatomy & Physiology; Health Education & Community Pharmacy; Pharmaceutical Chemistry; Pharma Jurisprudence; Pharmacognosy; Pharmacology; Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology; Pharmaceutics; Drug store and Business Management, Pharmacy Practice.
After successful completion of Pharmacy Assistant programme, students can pursue their career as Pharmacist in hospital sector. They are mostly absorbed in by hospitals, health care departments, private hospitals, clinics and nursing homes. In such a work setup, they usually check prescriptions (made by the Doctor), dispense drugs to patients, give them advice & directions, keep stock of drugs in storage, keep accounts and maintain the inventory. They can also work in pharmaceutical industries, retail or wholesale outlets of medicines. Recruit pharmacists in their departmental hospitals. Other than working for hospitals or private drug stores, Pharmacy Assistant certificate holders with good entrepreneurship skills may even start their own private drug store.
Candidate who have completed 10+2 in science stream with physics and chemistry as compulsory subject with any one the Math/Biology/Biotechnology or any other equivalent qualification.